Dr. Gideon conducts neuropsychological evaluations with adults ages 18 and older for the purpose of:
1. Diagnosing brain disorders
2. Identifying the most effect treatment approaches
Neuropsychological evaluations include:
• Extensive interview to obtain personal history information
• Review of health, academic, employment and other records
• Testing with hands-on measures of:
o Language Functions
o Visual Processing
o Motor Skills
o Emotions and Moods
o Social Communication
• Analysis of test results
• Discussion of results with the patient
• Preparation of a written report of the findings and recommendations
Brain disorders often lead not just to problems with thinking but to challenges in social and interpersonal behavior and emotional self-control and awareness.
To assist individuals who have undergone a neuropsychological evaluation, Dr. Gideon provides neuropsychotherapy.
• Combines knowledge of the brain in cognition, emotion and behavior with expertise in psychotherapy to guide individuals with brain dysfunction.
• Helps overcome problems with information processing and social behavior that affect day-to-day functioning.
• Can reduce social stigma and self-blame.
• Can be used with individuals, couples, families and others
In her 30 years’ experience, Dr. Gideon has provided neuropsychological services to individuals from childhood through adulthood to later years with a wide array of brain disorders from the more familiar to the very rare, including:
• Brain Injury
• Seizure Disorders
• Autism Spectrum Disorders
• Neuropsychiatric Disorders
• Other Brain Disorders
Her background gives her a broad base of knowledge and experience from which to offer neuropsychological consultation to health care providers, educators, and others with questions about:
• How neuropsychological evaluation might help the patient
• Other resources that might be appropriate for the patient
• Approaches to take to address concerns about the patient’s functioning